We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Makes 5 lunches (serving size: 1 waffle, 1 1/2 oz. cream cheese mixture, 1 oz. ham, 1/4 cup black bean mixture, about 1 1/2 oz. carrots, 3 oz. grapes, 1 oz. vegetable chips)
This pack-and-go lunch has fun written all over it. Using waffles instead of bread is a great way to jazz up a ho-hum homemade sandwich; the colorful cream cheese spread delivers an extra helping of veggies in a kid-friendly way. Trade out the vegetable chips for whole grain tortillas chips or chickpea puffs for a crunchy twist.
- 8 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/4 cups no-salt-added refried black beans
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 5 multigrain waffles (such as Vans)
- 10 slices of lower-sodium deli ham (about 5 oz.)
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 15 ounces seedless grapes
- 5 ounces vegetable chips (such as Terra)
- Calories 474
- Fat 18g
- Satfat 6g
- Unsatfat 10g
- Protein 15g
- Carbohydrate 67g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugars 22g
- Added sugars 0g
- Sodium 980mg
- Calcium 12% DV
- Potassium 12% DV
How to Make It
Stir together cream cheese, broccoli, carrot, and red bell pepper in a bowl. Stir together black beans and yogurt in a separate bowl. (Cream cheese mixture and black bean mixture can be stored in refrigerator up to 5 days.)
Prepare 1 waffle according to package directions. Spread 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on waffle, and cut in half. Add 2 ham slices on 1 half of waffle; top with other half. Serve with 1/4 cup black bean mixture, about 1 1/2 ounces carrots, 3 ounces grapes, and 1 ounce vegetable chips.
Repeat process with remaining ingredients to make a total of 5 lunches.